Allegro’s Software Support Services provide better-than-OEM class services to customers using Sun/Oracle’s Solaris and Hewlett-Packard’s HP-UX and MPE/iX operating systems. We offer these services to partner companies who typically resell them to their customers as part of a combined hardware and software support offering.
There was a time when customers who purchased systems from an OEM like Sun or HP could be expected to also buy hardware and software maintenance and assistance services from that same OEM indefinitely.
Today there are many reasons why that no longer makes sense, especially for customers who:
- Are unhappy with the quality of the service they receive as OEMs increasingly rely on outsourcing and off-shoring of support personnel.
- Need to maintain older hardware and software versions after the OEM has declared them obsolete.
- Are tired of paying the high prices that the OEMs demand.
These customers turn to the many excellent service companies for their hardware maintenance needs, and Allegro offers those service organizations and their customers a solution to the problem of system software support and assistance. We partner with service companies to create an integrated seamless solution for today’s business critical computing hardware and software support.
Our partners and their end-user customers see many benefits from this arrangement.
- A new recurring income source.
- A partner to help with software related problems, hardware vs. software determination, etc.
- Reduced need for high level software skills when hiring service personnel.
- Reduced workload for hardware support techs who don’t have to handle software issues.
- Reduced dependence on the OEM or other ad-hoc sources of assistance.
- Software support via a partner rather than a competitor.
- Software “eyes” to help in the resolution of tough hardware problems.
Partner’s Customer’s benefits:
- High quality assistance for operating system and related software issues, both day to day operational questions as well as help with the most urgent and obscure problems they run into.
- Fast access to experienced, native English speaking experts who understand their business-critical issues. Our support specialists have an average of more than 10 years experience supporting large enterprise computing environments.
- 24×7 staffed coverage for fast response to critical issues and outages.
- Assistance with cross-vendor problems, eliminating “finger pointing” issues.
- Complete integration with their hardware support solution.
The result is a unique win-win-win situation for everyone involved.